Can't get the freshly installed FreeNAS to boot! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noripsni

Cadet
I have two USB 2.0 sticks, 8GB and 16GB. I Flashed the 8GB with the ISO on my personal PC and installed it on the 16GB USB 2.0 Stick on the PC i'm using for FreeNAS. It's an old Acer Veriton L4610G; i3 Processor, 8GB DDR3 and a 500GB drive that I have not connected yet. I'd like to get the USB stick to work first before hand. So far, everything has gone smoothly; BUT...

Keeping only the 16GB stick connected, nothing else, I can't seem to get it to boot off the USB. I've Re-downloaded, Re-flashed, Re-installed (to rule out download/flash/install corruption) but still it not booting up. I have went through the "2.4 Installation Troubleshooting" section in the help guide. I changed the USB Emulation to Hard Drive. The boot priority I didn't touch as the USB stick is the only thing connected anyhow. However, starting off I had set the USB as 1st priority, then I reset bios settings and left it alone.

I'm really not sure what else to try.
Thank you!

Noripsni

Cadet
I've managed to get it to Boot off the 16GB USB and now just hangs here.
2017-05-04 18.14.02.jpg

Noripsni

Cadet
The USB drives are formatted as FAT32, I am still getting stuck on this part; I've included a snap of what verbose looks like. I have no PCIe power to disable in the BIOS. 2017-05-04 18.19.13.jpg

S

sef

Your motherboard's ACPI doesn't work with FreeBSD 10; FreeBSD 11 (used in FreeNAS-11) may be better.

Noripsni

Cadet
Your motherboard's ACPI doesn't work with FreeBSD 10; FreeBSD 11 (used in FreeNAS-11) may be better.

Hey Sef! I really appreciate your reply. Where would I get this copy of FreeNAS-11?

Noripsni

Cadet
Something I am confused about, UEFI and BIOS. It gives me the option to install FreeNAS as UEFI or BIOS. This Acer doesn't have UEFI. So having BIOS selected I always get "ERROR: No boot disk has been detected or this disk has failed.", I have attempted this on both USB and a 3.5 HDD. Still I get that error. The only way to get past that is selecting UEFI in the FreeNAS installation, it actually boots but yet I still get stuck.

S

sef

If the BOS is saying "No boot disk has been detected," then it generally means the BIOS hasn't been set up to use the thumb drive you want to boot from.

At this point, I'm out of ACPI experience so you should file a ticket (category Kernel I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.