Can't get the AD permissions working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakaris

Cadet
Hello!
Some time ago I had made a thread that I was not able to to configure permissions to Freenas. The problem was not so critical so I have not resolved it. Recently I had upgraded Freenas to v9.2.1.7. Afer that I can't open the permissions tab on storage resources (this is hapening only when Active Directory is enabled) and I'm getting the following error (freenasldap.py in get_netbios_name, line 1031 ):
Request Method:
GET
Request URL:
http://stor-1.lab.local/storage/mountpoint/permission/mnt/var_data/
Software Version:
FreeNAS-9.2.1.7-RELEASE-x86 (fdbe9a0)
Exception Type:
AttributeError
Exception Value:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Exception Location:
/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/common/freenasldap.py in get_netbios_name, line 1031
Server time:
Tue, 26 Aug 2014 18:40:25 +0300
Also I have noticed that when I enabling Active Directory service, then the logs shows strange warning "STATUS=daemon 'winbindd' finished starting up and ready to serve connectionscheck_domain_online_handler: called for domain LAB (online = False)". See bellow
Aug 26 18:49:14 stor-1 ActiveDirectory: __AD_get_SRV_records: host=_kpasswd._udp.LAB.LOCAL
Aug 26 18:49:14 stor-1 ActiveDirectory: __AD_get_SRV_records: dig -t srv +short +nocomments _kpasswd._udp.LAB.LOCAL
Aug 26 18:49:14 stor-1 ActiveDirectory: __AD_get_SRV_host: trying dc-1.lab.local:464
Aug 26 18:49:14 stor-1 ActiveDirectory: __AD_get_SRV_host: Okay
Aug 26 18:49:14 stor-1 ActiveDirectory: AD_init: kpwdhost = dc-1.lab.local, kpwdport = 464
Aug 26 18:49:14 stor-1 ActiveDirectory: activedirectory_status: checking status
Aug 26 18:49:14 stor-1 ActiveDirectory: AD_status_domain: net -k ads status LAB.LOCAL
Aug 26 18:49:15 stor-1 winbindd[49505]: STATUS=daemon 'winbindd' finished starting up and ready to serve connectionscheck_domain_online_handler: called for domain LAB (online = False)
Aug 26 18:49:15 stor-1 ActiveDirectory: AD_status_domain: Okay
and Active Directory service button keeps showing status that service configuration is busy (the button stays in normal e.g. switched state when I refresh the browser only). This behavior happens on IE and Google chrome.
Additionally:
net ads info
LDAP server: 172.*.*.*
LDAP server name: DC-1.LAB.local
Realm: LAB.LOCAL
Bind Path: dc=LAB,dc=LOCAL
LDAP port: 389
Server time: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 19:02:02 EEST
KDC server: 172.*.*.*
Server time offset: -1
wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret for domain LAB via RPC calls succeeded
wbinfo -u returns a list of domain users
wbinfo -g returns a list of domain groups

Where can be a problem?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

You shouldn't be getting a traceback. Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org that includes the full traceback and post the issue number here.

rakaris

Cadet
Hello!
As the problem is not resolved for me (I was posted on the bug topic but no response was received.), do I need to create new ticket as this bug status is set to Resolved?
Thanks!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No. Notice it says it was identified in 9.2.1.7 and is fixed in 9.2.1.8. 9.2.1.8 hasn't been released yet. No ETA on when/if it will be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.