Can't get my remote acess working

Justino

Cadet
First of all, i don't much about the truenas. I am making a experiment and, just for a test, i tried acess the web management tab of truenas by internet. But i simply can't get it working. I already have configurated a DynamicDNS (and yes, it is updating the ip) and a portfowarding (I tried to make foward from 8088 to 80, and 80 directly) in my router. I have seen a tutorial to do this, and i did everything equal.

the tutorial if its relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPtaN5Ul5xo

Any advice to make it work? Thanks

Redcoat

MVP
Welcome to the forums!

Standard advice here is DO NOT expose your TrueNAS GUI to the internet because of the risk of it being pwned - in short, please don't do what you are in the process of doing! The use of DDNS offers no protection to attack. Do not forward those ports to your router!

The use of a VPN, or an application such as Netcloud, in a jail will provide protection from attack if appropriately configured.

Justino

Cadet
That is the problem, i was trying to configure a VPN to make the access in a secure way. But, it's not working, so i am trying to do the test that i said to find where the problem is. But even something simple as that isn't working.

I was thinking that the problem was some configuration of the VPN, but after that i dont think so, its like the router isn't opening the ports.

Redcoat

MVP
OK.

You posted in Forums>TrueNAS>FreeNAS (Legacy Software Releases)>FreeNAS Help & support>Networking but I now guess that you are using TrueNAS Scale?

If that is so I suggest you post again in Forums>TrueNAS>TrueNAS SCALE>Operation and Performance, giving your software version, a description of your hardware including your router, and details of what VPN you have tried to deploy, and what happened. Give a step-by-step description and report any system responses, especially error messages. Without such detail it will be impossible for anyone to help you.

Redcoat

MVP
oh ok, my bad. thanks for the attention
No problem. I'm not a Scale user so I won't be helping you, but I'm sure someone there will help you work the problem if you provide enough detail. If necessary, try another VPN install to collect the information at each step of the process to add to your post requesting help.