Can't delete directory made after config backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickwhois

Cadet
The skinny: My OS USB drive went bad. Luckily I had backed up my config a week prior. So I installed freenas onto another USB drive and restored my config. Pretty much all is well EXCEPT one directory that was created after I backed up my config

I have changed the permissions on the mnt volume to full r/w to my main user as well as the wheel group. It seems like no matter what changes I make, I do not get r/w access to this directory even as root@ssh. Any help or suggestions? Or should I just start backing up my 2 TB of data and rebuild the Freenas over again now?

___
Freenas 8.0.1 b2 amd64
SanDisk Cruzer 4GB
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz
8GB memory
3x 2TB WD Greens [Raidz]

rickwhois

Cadet
I guess I am going to start backing up my dataz soon and begin the rebuild process from scratch. I don't like the idea of having a phantom directory there. It's got to be some kinda of permissions problem, but I have definitely checked all mounts and datasets. I've got full r/w. I'll try any suggestions anyone's got but by days end I will begin the rebuild.

rickwhois

Cadet
Thank you for your reply. [ /mnt/data/pxe ] The directory is named "PXE". I created this directory in my main "MNT" directory called "DATA" The problem is this PXE directory was created after I made a configuration backup. My USB drive failed and had to restore said configuration file. Now I have no read write access to the PXE directory because there is no record of it on the config file.

Status
Not open for further replies.