Cant access NAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsam

Cadet
I have a weird issue here. I just bought 2 new windows 8 (Lenova Yoga 3) laptop and I can access my FreeNAS box with one of them. Im using my FreeNAS as a Windows Share (CIFS) all my other copmuter can access the NAS and map the drives. I am aslo able to access everything else on the network just not the NAS.

-While connected via wifi I cant ping FreeNAS but the other can and this is straight out the box
-When I hookup a usb Ethernet adapter I can ping FreeNAS and map my shares to the laptop that couldn't access it earlier
-I just bought a docking station with a gigabit ethernet in it and when I hook up that laptop that can access my NAS, it wont work through the docking station ethernet.

-Im using DD-WRT as my router and have a Cisco 3700 series switch in between it
-Im using 192.168.0.0/24 for my whole network
- I have change IPs on my laptop and FreeNAS with no results.
-I made sure there is no IP conflicts.
-I was using 9.2.0 but recently upgraded to 9.3 with same results

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Sounds like a networking issue. Were you able to resolve it?

samsam

Cadet
No I haven't, I just resorted to just using a USB to Ethernet Adapter instead. I'm still curious though why is this is happening to certain network adapters where I cant access the NAS while other works fine. I'm getting another exact same docking station I have right now and I will test if that docking station can access the NAS or not.

Its just so weird that the only device I cant access in my network is just the NAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.