Can't access GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Pepin

Cadet
I have been using FreeNAS 9.3 for a couple of months now. I can no longer access the GUI. I have tried from 3 different computers and get an Unhandled Exception error every time.
I am able to ping the NAS machine and I have access to the files, I just cant get to the GUI.
This started after I lost power and restarted the NAS machine.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Is your machine powered through a UPS?
Has your router given your machine a different IP address after rebooting?
We are going to need alot more info if you are to be helped in a timely manner.
Please see the Forum Rules in *red link* at the top of this page and help us help u :)

Kevin Pepin

Cadet
Not powered through UPS.
Has same IP address, which I confirmed through router GUI.
I can ping the NAS, I can access the files on the NAS.
I'm using a C2550D4I Mainboard

danb35

Hall of Famer
Likely your boot device is corrupted. Do a clean install to a new one, restore your config, and you should be good to go. And get a UPS so you don't have this problem in the future.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Likely your boot device is corrupted. Do a clean install to a new one, restore your config, and you should be good to go. And get a UPS so you don't have this problem in the future.
You need a shortcut key for that today ;)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You need a shortcut key for that today ;)
I've seriously considered doing a number of macros on my keyboard that type boilerplate messages and labeling the keys.

G1 could be "Ar-Tee-Ell-Eight-One-One-One. We meet again, at last." and G2 could be "Please post the output of zpool status as well as smartctl -a /dev/adaX for all drives"...

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
I've seriously considered doing a number of macros on my keyboard that type boilerplate messages and labeling the keys.
If we were real support droids sitting in a real call center, we'd have these for sure. You can tell that's what they're using when you connect to any live chat support.

Status
Not open for further replies.