Can't access GUI from web

Status
Not open for further replies.

whissama6

Cadet
HI,

I have freshly installed freenas but i have a problem as i am not able to see it in the web browser. I have no idea what to do as i first changed the ip to make it static then reset everything then tried a different ip and sat with the same problem. I also read on this forums about something called a IPMI but i don't really know what that is, then when i restarted the server i watched for errors and saw that something called the "em0" couldn't link. I have checked the cat5 cable and i have even put the cat5 cable in a different port. I am using a mikrotik router. Please help with any suggestions. I have attached some pictures of how i setup the static IP and ifconfig output. PLUS i am a noob when it comes to FreeNAS but am willing to learn so if i messed up big time i won't cry.

I just installed FreeNas 11 and instead of getting a IP at the bottom from DHCP i get the IP of http://0.0.0.0

1.JPG

Then pressed number 1 to configure the network interface. I went through the process of making 192.168.11.210 static and the IP appeared at the bottom as intended.

2.JPG
3.JPG
however when i type it into the browser nothing comes up and when i ping the IP 192.168.11.210 it is unreachable.

When i do a ifconfig i get the following:
ifconfig.JPG
PS: my server is:

- Dell Poweredge T20
- Xeon
- x3 2TB harddrives
- 8 GB RAM

I previously had Ubuntu Server on this server and had no problem but now i want to create a simple share.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I just installed FreeNas 11 and instead of getting a IP at the bottom from DHCP i get the IP of http://0.0.0.0
It isn't getting an assignment from your DHCP server. Assuming you have one on the network and it's working, check things like cables, connections, etc.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
however when i type it into the browser nothing comes up and when i ping the IP 192.168.11.210 it is unreachable.
You set a static address that is a little unusual. Is your computer on the same subnet as the server? Was that eleven in the third octet supposed to be a one?
At the worst case, you might try rebooting both your client PC and the server but if they are on the same subnet, there is nothing that should be stopping them talking.

sretalla