Cannot start cifs after upgrade to 9.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kameleon

Cadet
I upgraded my freenas box from 8.3.0 last night to 9.1.1 using the guiupgrade. The upgrade went fine but when I went to start the services I was unable to start cifs. It would just give the "unable to start service" error. So after running it manually from an ssh session I get this:

Code:
[root@freenas] ~# /usr/local/sbin/smbd --interactive --debuglevel=3
/usr/local/sbin/smbd: Undefined symbol "▒WvP▒*iĐ▒▒{WvPYvPػ▒YvP[vP[vPF▒
▒▒W▒W▒▒&▒t#▒▒▒ߋ ▒▒▒:▒E▒W,▒!▒▒*1▒▒9▒'▒}▒▒▒▒#▒L2;▒▒:▒▒▒-▒l,▒▒ <▒(svP
▒▒~▒▒B'▒M▒uvP▒▒▒C▒9▒'vvP$▒rt▒▒▒[vvP ▒,ЋZ▒4xvPu▒▒▒v;yvPS▒x#▒R▒▒0▒▒:O͒{{▒▒C▒▒▒▒_▒▒▒ݧ▒<▒▒▒w▒▒VI▒▒▒3▒▒▒u▒▒[▒d▒▒▒Zd׳
▒[▒▒B▒
▒B▒▒ ▒a▒▒:▒▒U?▒▒▒.▒▒A"
[root@freenas] ~# PuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTY

Any thoughts? It worked fine before the upgrade.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
That looks just like a corrupted install. My first guess is your USB stick is bad.

Try installing to a new USB stick and importing your config file.

kameleon

Cadet
I hope it is that easy. I will try that once I get home. Thanks for the quick reply.

kameleon

Cadet
I tried a fresh 9.1.1 img on a new usb stick last night but it kept not finding the boot partition. I used the windows directions to make the disk and did it twice to no avail. So I inserted the original usb drive and lo and behold CIFS works now. I bet it won't stay long though so I am going to look for a different usb drive and try it.

Knowltey

Patron
Make sure when you get a new USB stick that you get a name brand stick and not some cheap-o offbrand stick, you never know how reliable those ones will be. Some well known storage brand such as Corsair, Kingston, Memorex, Western Digital, etcetera.

Status
Not open for further replies.