Cannot Mount CIFS Share in LINUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Alpha

Dabbler
I have a CIFS share, with owner guest and no password required. I can mount this share on all of my Windows computers, and can access it in LINUX (Ubuntu, KUbuntu, XUbuntu) using Konqueror, Dolphin, or "Places" using smb://{NAS Server IP}/{Windows Share Name} but I cannot mount it in LINUX. I think I could at one time, but now get an error saying the Key has expired, and in the log, it gives an error code -127.
What is this key? Where is it? How can I renew it (preferably permanently)? I have searched for a solution. I have tried everything I could find that seems relevant, but have not found a solution. A simple explanation of the key, how it is created, where it exists and how to deal with it would be very helpful.

123Alpha

Dabbler
sudo mount -t cifs -ousername=guest //{NAS_Server IP}/{Path to Windows Share} /{Directory on which I want to Mount it}
This is the error message:
mount: mount //{NAS_Server IP}/{Path to Windows Share} on /{Directory on which I want to Mount It} failed: Key has expired

and if I do dmesg | tail, this is what I think is the relevant part:
CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -127
CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -127

Thus, I don't know where the key is located, how it was created, nor what I should do to renew it or ignore it.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
sudo mount -t cifs -ousername=guest //{NAS_Server IP}/{Path to Windows Share} /{Directory on which I want to Mount it}
This is the error message:
mount: mount //{NAS_Server IP}/{Path to Windows Share} on /{Directory on which I want to Mount It} failed: Key has expired

and if I do dmesg | tail, this is what I think is the relevant part:
CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -127
CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -127

Thus, I don't know where the key is located, how it was created, nor what I should do to renew it or ignore it.

Try the --verbose switch.
Code:
mount -t cifs //server/share /mnt/foo --verbose -o user=username 

Verify that you have not disabled password authentication via the FreeNAS GUI for the user "guest". Also check to see that you have set a password for the account "guest". Post the contents of /etc/local/smb4.conf as well.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
ith owner guest and no password required.
This statement gives me the impression you disabled the password for the user. This makes it so you can't login with that user. Add the password back under user settings and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.