Cannot find mkvtoolnix package

Status
Not open for further replies.

telemarker73

Cadet
hi

My first post on here, but I have been reading a lot of stuff on here over the last year, a very useful site - thanks

I installed mkvtoolnix on my freenas 9.3.1 system a few weeks ago, via. "Pkg install mkvtoolnix"
along with ffmpeg

Since then, I have reinstalled my jails e.g. Sickbeard, SABnzbd on another volume a few days ago
So I needed to install mkvtoolnix on my new jail, but when I run pkg install mkvtoolnix I get a message saying the package doesn't exist in the repository
I have run pkg update -f

I also install portsnap, and installing mkvtoolnix that way, all the dependencies installed ok, but I got errors with mkvtoolnix

Was wondering if anyone else has issues running pkg install mkvtoolnix or why it is missing for the repository when it was there a few weeks ago

Ffmpeg installed ok using pkg install ffmpeg

Cheers

D

dlavigne

Looks like there was a version bump in the last 8 days, which may explain the errors and the missing package (eg, when there are problems building the package on the package build servers, it disappears from the package repository until the problem with the package is sorted).

telemarker73

Cadet
Ok thanks, I will keep checking every couple days to see if it comes back

I will have to manually use handbrake on PC to convert my mkv movie downloads from DTS to ac3 audio

I was using a python script to do this in SABnzbd, but it need that mkvtoolnix package...

D

dlavigne

Did you try building the port? If so, what is the exact error when you try to run mkvtoolnix?

telemarker73

Cadet
Hi yes, I tried make clean install under the /usr/ports/multimedia/mkvtoolnix
It installed dependencies and through this error in screenshot attached

By way, I only have basic Linux skills - I'm a geologist......:(

image.jpeg

D

dlavigne

Well, that's why there is no package, it does not build. You can either wait to see if the port maintainer notices (which might take a while), or report the bug. I'm not seeing a report for this yet. If you do report the bug (at that link), post the bug # here so other users can track its progress. Note that you will need to create an account at that link before you can report a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.