Cannot find disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

senyapsudah

Cadet
Hi Guys,

i would like to get some advise. We just bought a Quanta QCT server which preinstalled with Avago Megaraid SAS PCI Express ROMB-QS-3516B. We try to install the server with latest FreeNAS. However, we find that the installer are not able to detect the disk installed to the Raid controller. We did try to installed the server using CenTOS and it able to detect the disk. so i believe it is due to the raid controller driver. is there any way we can load additional driver during the installation? or might be i'm not following the correct step on installing freeNAS. please advise.

looking forward for any advise.
thanks.

m0nkey_

MVP
However, we find that the installer are not able to detect the disk installed to the Raid controller.
You need to put your LSI HBA in to IT mode. This is usually done by flashing the IT firmware for your card.

senyapsudah

Cadet
You need to put your LSI HBA in to IT mode. This is usually done by flashing the IT firmware for your card.

ahaks... actually i'm quite newbie on this. Sorry if i ask some stupid question?;) What do you mean by IT mode? is it referring to UEFI or legacy mode. as i try this both but still not able to detect.

kdragon75

Wizard
He means to disable the RAID on the RAID card. You will likely need to flash the firmware on teh RAID card to do this. Remember, ZFS (the core of what FreeNAS is based on) will handle all RAID like functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.