Cannot establish connection after installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvMINOvv

Cadet
Hello,
So I installed FreeNAS 9.1.0.1.573 on my computer, and was faced with a couple of problems.

When I tried to configure the network interfaces I had to chose between 3 interfaces, with some trial and error, I (think) I found the right one becuase it was the only one that let me have an IPother than 0.0.0.0

So thinking I was clear out of the woods, I entered the IP it spat at me after I configured the network IP address (192.168.1.107) it would take forever on chrome/ff/ie and then fail. So I tried to ping it from cmd instead, and I keep getting
Request timed out.

I also tried pinging my own laptop from the NAS by openning the shell and typing (ping 192.168.1.103), and got
Host is down

the way my network is setup is like this:

Code:
[BELL 2WIRE router/internet]------------(lan)-------------[basement Linksys router]-------(lan)--------[NAS computer]
               |_______otherComputers                                      |_____(wan)_____[laptop]

I hope my ascii drawing was explanatory enough.

Let me know if there's any other information that could assist you

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Uh.. there is no Freenas 9.anything. The latest version of FreeNAS is 8.3.0-p1. I'm thinking you are referring to NAS4Free which is a completely different product. There isn't even a super-secret-developer-highly-alpha version of FreeNAS based on FreeBSD 9.

vvMINOvv

Cadet
lol that was funny. you're actually right, they all looked the same for me that late at night. Thank's :o

ethajn

Dabbler
Has your problem been resolved? It sounds like a LAN configuration issue. Go to your NAS box, open a shell, and tell me what results you get from these commands:

ifconfig

netstat -r

cyberjock

Inactive Account
ethajn - He's not using FreeNAS.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Or maybe is a visitor from the future :eek:

HAHAHAA. I got a good laugh at that. I always wondered how awesome it would be to have a computer from 10 years in the future.. but software? Eh.. it would be very nice.. I'm sure I could sell it for some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.