Cannot create passphrase for new pool on 11.2-BETA3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinde

Dabbler
Hi y'all,

Let me start by saying that I'm new to FreeNAS, so don't shoot me if I ask the wrong questions :)
I have read the documentation and searched the forums, but I don't find the answer to a problem I'm having on my new server.

After the burn in test I installed FreeNAS 11.2-BETA3.
I started by creating a new pool which contains two disks in a mirrored setup. Since my processor supports AES-NI I thought it would be nice to enable encryption.
When the pool was created I wanted to set a passphrase, but when I push the "create passphrase" button after filling in the passphrase twice nothing happens. No confirmation, no error, nothing. When I go back to my pool, the link still says "create passphrase", after successful creation it should say "change passphrase"...
As I test I switched back to the legacy UI and there I am able to create a passphrase. And indeed, in the new UI the link changes to "change passphrase". But when I try to change the passphrase, I get an error. It just says "Error changing passphrase for pool", no details...
So. I'm not very confident trusting my data to this pool...
I could handle this part in the legacy UI, but I'm afraid it will stop working when it is decommissioned.

Is this a known problem? Or should I file a bug for this?
Or is it better to forget about encryption for home use anyway...

Cheers,
L.

Lucinde

Dabbler
Kinda solved this issue.
I found out that this problem only shows up when the pool name contains a period (Pool.1 in my case).
When I create a new pool without a period in it's name, it works.

I think it's a bug in the UI, so I filed a bug report.
For those interested: https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/50720

Cheers,
L.

Status
Not open for further replies.