Cannot connect to my FreeNas Server

melloa

Wizard
default route and DNS as 192.168.0.1

You have to set your NAS to 192.168.0.200 and the default route (gateway) to 192.168.0.1.

Long time I did that, as I only set mine to DHCP and fix the IP on my router.

But ...

1582253813155.png

Use option 1 to set the IP, option 4 for the gateway, and option 6 for the DNS.

Use:

192.168.0.200 for IP
255.255.255.0 for subnet mask
192.168.0.1 for Default route (gateway) and DNS.

Al Slitter

Explorer
Let's fix your network first, than attack the other issues. Did you configure your FreeNAS network correctly with the new IP subnet? Also, configure the gateway to the same as your desktop (I didn't see on your above messages, but usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.254 on your case).

After you have access to the gui, you will have an easy way to manage things.
OK, I went into the management console and selected #1 Configure Network Interface
I was then given two options EM0 or IGB0 in this case I selected the latter IGB0 .
I used the 192.168.0.200 and 255.255.255..0'

I then selected item #4 and used 192.168.0.1 as you advised.

Now the issue is even worse as I am totally unable to connect to the server.

Al Slitter

Explorer
Hello Melloa, thank your for you efforts.
I had replied to the instructions given but I cannot see what I had said so I will repeat it again.
I went into the main server screen and accessed #1 and #4 as advised and input the parameters however
now I am totally unable to access the server from my workstation.

I really appreciate all of the support I have received but I am now thinking that FreeNas as a product is to difficult for someone like me.
Sneaker net is a cheaper and a less frustrating environment.

melloa

Wizard
I really appreciate all of the support I have received but I am now thinking that FreeNas as a product is to difficult for someone like me.
Sneaker net is a cheaper and a less frustrating environment.

No, not really. Any device you connect to your network will need to be configured. I don't know what interface you have connected to the router. You can find out from the console shell with
Code:
ifconfig em0 
and
Code:
ifconfig igb0
. It will say status: active on the one in use, instead of status: no carrier.

Al Slitter

Explorer
I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who tried to assist me in getting my FreeNas server working correctly again.
I spent a day or two thinking about why I need the server and how I could do things differently, with that in mind I decided
to scrap the server and recycle the drives. It has proved to be a waste of money but that is now for another discussion.

Thank you every one for the sincerity and support.