Windows 10 TP: Cannot connect thru CIFs

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcevan

Patron
I have a Win 8.1 PC that thru IP could always browse CIFs shares on Freenas and had write/delete privs as well.

I just did a Win 10 Tech Preview and I can see the FreeNAS and click on it and see the 3 shares that are all browsable by network clients.
---------------------------------------
However I'm getting "\\FREENAS is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Concast the administrator of this server to find out if you have permissions.

The account is not authorized to log in from this station."
-------------------------------------------
So not sure then if this a user problem on Win10 (like I'm transmitting to FreeNAS my PC login with no way to get in as guest? In Windows my user name is first name then space then last name, so how would I even try to create the same user name in FreeNAS?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I believe it's a known issue with Windows 10 that is still to be resolved by Microsoft.

gpsguy

As Ericloewe said, it's a known issue.

Just do a Google search on "The account is not authorized to log in from this station" and narrow the search to the last 30 days.

Crate

Cadet
For unauthenticated CIFS access you can get things working by enabling the local guest account:

enableguestacct.png

marcevan

Patron
Thanks boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.