Cannot connect to FreeNAS PC from Windows PC via SSH using plink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepak Agarwal

Explorer
Hi Everyone

I have created this new thread just so that this can be addressed as a separate issue and is not confused with the previous one!

I have been able to establish the SSH connection to my FreeNAS box from my Windows PC using SSH connection using password authentication - no problems. I want to be able to connect to it from my Windows PC using a batch file - for this purpose Neil suggested that I use 'Plink'. I have done what I thought is required to make it work but each time I try to connect using plink at the command prompt, I get this error :-

FATAL ERROR : Netowrk Error : Connection refused.

I read a lot of documentation that I could get my hands on but this issue still persists. Can someone help me to address this issue.

As an aside, if this helps, the public key authentication is not working. It comes up with an error saying "Server refused our key" and then requests me to enter my password. Once my password is entered, I am able to login, no problems. I tried this keeping and clearing the check box for 'Allow Password Authentication' in the SSH configuration but that makes no difference.

I need to be able to shutdown/reboot the FreeNAS PC from my Windows PC - that is the basic requirement using a batch file!

The permissions on the authorized_keys file in the .ssh folder is '-r--------' after I ran the command
chmod 400 authorized_keys.

Best regards

Deepak

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Sorry, I'm not okay with "bumping" a thread from almost 5 months ago. Please create a new thread if you have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.