SOLVED Cannot access volume: Destination Folder Access Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm a total and complete noob. All I want is a very simple NAS to store movies, music, and TV shows on. I'm running version 9.1.1 and have followed all of the instructions through this guide here

http://lifehacker.com/turn-an-old-computer-into-a-do-anything-home-server-wit-510023147

It worked last month but it started making me log in three times in a row and now it won't allow me to access my UFS volume at all through Windows 7. I completely reset everything to factory settings and followed the instructions perfectly once again. I log in (three times) and then when I go to copy a folder to my volume it says Destination Folder Access Denied, You need permission to perform this action. Can anyone help me? I really just want my NAS to work.

JohnK

Patron
Have you tried setting up anonymous access? If you follow this instruction, do set your PC's IP in the Advanced mode for CIFS sharing as allowed host and it should work.
Also note that you want to set your permissions for Guest and for mode tick all the boxes. Note that this is not a very secure method to doing things, but if you just use your box for streaming you should be ok.

Have you tried setting up anonymous access? If you follow this instruction, do set your PC's IP in the Advanced mode for CIFS sharing as allowed host and it should work.
Also note that you want to set your permissions for Guest and for mode tick all the boxes. Note that this is not a very secure method to doing things, but if you just use your box for streaming you should be ok.

Now it's giving me a network error and saying windows can't access the nas at all.

JohnK

Patron
Are you using static IPs?

No, but thanks for the help. The link you gave me earlier allowed me to configure local user access. I still have to log in 2-5 times after every reboot, but I can actually transfer files to my volume now. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.