cannot access FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

evmundo

Cadet
Hi people
I have googled this problem over and over but i cant find a solution to my problem, I have attempted to set up FTP access over and over again with no luck, I cant get this to work.
A word of warning I am very new to any of this so long terminology will confuse me I have never had any experiance with servers or FTP my ultimate goal is to eventually setup remote access.
Any help will be appreciated.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You have alot of reading to do. You will need to setup FTP to work locally, then setup port forwarding in your router and point it to your server.

evmundo

Cadet
I have set up port forwarding for FTP port 20 21 on my router but the browser still cant find the page, i have also followed ever guide and video with no success.

evmundo

Cadet
That artical was helpfull but I am not able to connect to the internal IP, Ports 20-21 are open ETC and i have tried every config I can think of, when i 1st installed freenas it did work and i dont know why it changed.
Am I right in thinking my internal IP would be the same as my freenas GUI web adress with the prefix FTP://192.168.1.7
Please Help I am considering a clean install.

titan_rw

Guru
Yea, if it's not working locally, you have bigger issues than trying it remotely.

I'm not sure how much troubleshooting can be done on that over a forum.

Off the top of my head, is the ftp daemon running? Is it listening on the port you think?

Can you connect to it from freenas itself with the built in ftp client?

Are there software firewalls locally interfering?

evmundo

Cadet
How can I tell if the ftp Daemon is running, I have no idea what to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.