can not boot (error 128 lba 3095775

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo444

Explorer
Hi, All,

I just finished upgrading from 8.0.2 to 8.3. But the system get stuck now...

I can see the message like

F1 FreeBSD
F2 FreeBSD
F5 Drive 1

F6 PXE
Boot: F2
error 128 lba 3095775

After upgrading, the system got stuck with F1, but F2 get stuck now..
How can I change to start with F1??

Please let me know..

Thanks & regards,

joeschmuck

Old Man
Wow, you get into trouble quick! I thought you had already upgraded to 8.3.0 which is why you asked about the Alert Yellow indication. Tell me what you have done with some level of detail.

bravo444

Explorer
Hi, joeschmuck,

First, I tried to upgrade from 8.0.2 to 8.3. I tried to do this from GUI. After rebooting the system, the system got stuck with that error.
(error 128 lba ***x). but I tried to restart the system several times and it was started successfully. However, the system got stuck and it is unstable.
I tried to select F1 and F2. Currently, both boot menus doesn't work.... I got the same error message.

Oh, I need to tell you that I got the Unhandled Exception error when I tried to access to the GUI.
I actually started with F1 menu...

joeschmuck

Old Man
The easy way to get past this if you don't have much configured on the boot USB Flash drive (meaning a ton of users and groups or unique configurations) is to just grab 8.3.0 and reload from a CD or image file (whatever is your poison). If you have saved your configuration from 8.02 you caould just load that up instead and then restore your configuration file, then upgrade to 8.3.0-Release-p1.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Ensure you are using a 2GB or larger USB flash drive and if you has a spare one, I'd use that one first.

bravo444

Explorer
Hi,

I am trying to install, but I got this Looking for installtion cdrom on /dev/da0, ******x. I changed cd device, but I got the same situation...
I have used IDE and SATA device. Have you ever gotten this kind of issue??

Thanks & regards,

joeschmuck

Old Man
Can't say I've ever run across that situation before, odd message. So you are booting off of the CD-Rom drive? Is this a VM or real PC? Sorry I'm not responding quickly, tired as hell right now.

bravo444

Explorer
Hi, Joeschmuck,

Please do not apologize :) I really appreciate for your support. I managed to proceed next step finally...
Now, I tried to do with the other CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives. One of them worked properly. Thus, the issue was "drive" I guess.

Sorry to bother you...

Thanks & regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.