Can a port jail use a second Nic card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulpito

Dabbler
I,m playing with freebsd port jail in a Freenas server, with two Nic cards.
I finally succesfully create a port jail running motion port that allow me to record avi files from my ipcam recording for cctv pourposes.
All frenas services are conected to my lan nic card , CIFS ,ssh ,and also plexmediaserver and transmision.
I,m very happy with this freenas box that do so many thins ....thank to all people involved in that proyect, and of course to all peole in this comunity.

My final question is , if I create another adicional portjail, can be directly atached to the second nic card with a diferent IP this is DMZ area no LAN IP
Firts nic card lan IP 192.168.1.X (freenas, plexmedia,motion camera,etc) is running ok
Second nic card directly forward to a secord port jail 192.168.2.X

This will bring me to to a webserver in that area , in order to save a small pc running this apache server.

I want to "virtualice" as much as posible , most of the services can be running inside the freebsd box.
thanks for your help

pulpito

Dabbler
No ,no feedback, seems that the freenas portjail creates a default "bridge" on the firts nic card and is not allow to manage "separate" the second Nic card for DMZ pourposes.
I think that in the future of development of freenas would be a very nice feature.
Freenas is not only a NAS box , is even more , is "everything" needed to power at home or office.
I want To have all my servers in this great freenas box, web server , cctv storage (That is finally working fine) , file server, Plex media server , transmision etc.
The only separate box I have is a pfsense box acting like a router.
And why not to have diferent freebsd jails working on the lan to discard pcs at home.
thanks to freenas people to work in this proyect

D

dlavigne

If you make a feature request at bugs.freenas.org, post the issue number here. Include a use case for the devs so that they can consider the feature and determine how feasible it would be to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.