can´t access all my Data on may nas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nas User 333

Dabbler
Hi,
I have installed the latest version of Free NAS. The problem is thet I can not access the web interface of Free Nas.
web Oberfläche.jpg

Moreover I am not able to connect to any Share with my pc.

booting:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2w32er9z1dlan3r/Sequenz 01.mov?dl=0

sorry for my bad english and Thanks for answering my question...

Two things that come to mind to try:
  • Pick the other boot environment at startup (Initial-Install) not the first one labeled "default"
  • Checksum the ISO you used for installing
Post back with your findings.

Nas User 333

Dabbler
The Nas already worked for over 2 months and suddenly th error I mentioned above appeared. So I think the Cheksum was fine...
Furthermore the configuration of my NAS will get lost and the Nas will be reinstalled, if I use the other boot environment at startup (Initial-Install).

Do you agree with me?

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
No, you won't lose anything, the system dataset is snapshotted so you can switch between the snapshots (called boot environments) without a problem.

Sounds like if the system drive is failing and you have a corrupted system install. Try to reinstall it on a new USB stick (don't forget to backup your config file before to import it on the new install) ;)

How many GB of RAM do you have?

Nas User 333

Dabbler
How can I backup my conig file?

Do I need to format my hard drives before starting a new installation or can I migrate (whatever it is called) hard drives including data in the new installed FreeNAS system

gpsguy

No, do not format your drives.

There is an option in the GUI to save/download your configuration file. Search the documention.

If you'd like a PDF version see the link in my signature.

Sent from my phone

Nas User 333

Dabbler
As I already mentioned the problem is that I cannot access the GUI.

Do you have another idea

Bidule0hm

The config file is accessible by the CLI too, the path is /data/freenas-v1.db ;)

jgreco

Resident Grinch
This isn't a bug, this is most likely a corrupt boot device. Moving to New User Forum.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Concur. Almost certainly a corrupted boot device.

Nas User 333

Dabbler
The problem is that I do not know how to access the config file by the CLI, because ssh is not enabled and as you can see in the video I posted I can not open the CLI (or I do not know how to...).

Is an other option to make a clean install again without importing the config file (bacause I can not access it)?
If this option is is a good way to solve the problem, my questions are:

Do I have to format my hdd´s?
Can I import my Raid 1 with all my Data?

Thanks

jgreco

Resident Grinch
No, don't format your hard disks. You can put a new install of FreeNAS on a new boot device and then import your pool. This doesn't restore the config but it keeps your data. I believe the manual outlines the steps.

Bidule0hm

You can always use the CLI directly by plugging a screen and keyboard to the server (or via IPMI if the MB has it and you know how to use it) ;)

gpsguy

Or, once you boot a fresh install of FreeNAS on a new device you might be able to insert/mount the old flash drive and copy the file off of it.

I wouldn't copy it direct to your new flash drive. Just get it over to your workstation and use the upload/restore feature in the GUI.

Sent from my phone

Nas User 333

Dabbler
Or, once you boot a fresh install of FreeNAS on a new device you might be able to insert/mount the old flash drive and copy the file off of it.

I wouldn't copy it direct to your new flash drive. Just get it over to your workstation and use the upload/restore feature in the GUI.

Sent from my phone

Where is the usb mounted?

gpsguy

If the old flash drive had FreeNAS 9.3 on it, then it's ZFS. If you had an older version, it used UFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.