btsync sync existing files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexthefourth

Dabbler
I setup the btsync plugin on my freenas box and sucessfully setup a sync between my office computer and my freenas box.

the problem I am having is that the folder on my office already had files in it and they are not syncing to my freenas box which is at my house.

so my question/problem is, does btsync sync existing files or only files that are added to the sync?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I setup the btsync plugin on my freenas box and sucessfully setup a sync between my office computer and my freenas box.

the problem I am having is that the folder on my office already had files in it and they are not syncing to my freenas box which is at my house.

so my question/problem is, does btsync sync existing files or only files that are added to the sync?
I think they should unless you specifically tell btsync to ignore them. You should check the log, one possible issue is the time isn't set properly on one of the machines. (though this would break all syncing)

Finally, this is a BTSync specific question so you should be asking for help on their forum instead. I just package the program up with minimal testing; I don't actually use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.