brand new IRONWOLF HDD issues

T-rex

Dabbler
I had a wd red drive start to fail on me so I bought an ironwolf as a replacement to avoid the whole SMR shenanigans.

After burn in testing (short, conveyance, long, badblocks and then long again) the RAW_READ_ERROR_RATE is concerning me. I know the raw value is high because its a 48bit value however its the VALUE AND WORST that concern me.

Before the badblocks for RAW_READ_ERROR_RATE;

Code:
ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE

1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate     0x000f   100   100   044    Pre-fail  Always       -       2984

After badblocks;

Code:
ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE

1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate     0x000f   082   065   044    Pre-fail  Always       -       152631234

I've never had this issue before is this normal or should I request an exchange. I spoke to seagate and I found it extremely difficult to understand his accent. He indicated that the value should be 100 on a new drive and to run seatools before requesting an RMA. My local retailer has offered to exchange the drive for a new one but before doing so I wanted to make sure that it wasn't normal and wouldn't just happen again after running badblocks again.

Thanks for your help.