BOUNTY!! Help wanted, yet another VLAN/Jail topic, tried everything

Heracles

Wizard
Hi again Ezra,

To do remote debugging is not easy and unfortunately, I will have to ask you to re-do some steps you did so we can both be on the same page. I understand that you said few aspects works, but for me to understand why they work and why others don't, we need to review all aspects of your setup. Also, for whatever is working, we should go over them quickly, so we will not waste too much time.

Because you put two very wide pictures side-by-side in a single mega-picture, your screenshots are unreadable on my screen. So again, I will ask you for the info and to write it in your text.

So for now, I would ask you for the same info. No need to do a complex drawing, just a simple list.

Something like :
On the FW:
Nic 1 ; No VLAN ; Public IP ; WAN
Nic 2 ; VLAN 10 - 192.168.3.1/24 - LAN
Nic 3 ; VLAN 2 - 192.168.7.1/24 - Jails ; VLAN 3 - 192.168.4.1/24 - IoT

As part of the clean up for your network, I suggest you re-use your VLAN ID in your IP addressing. That makes your network a million time easier to understand. As such, VLAN 10 would be 192.168.10.x / 24 ; VLAN 2 would be 192.168.2.x / 24, etc. You can do it the other way around if you would rather not change your IPs but your VLAN IDs. 192.168.7.x would turn to VLAN ID 7, etc.

Also, if you did not removed VLAN 1 already, we will have to do that because that number can cause a lot of random and strange behavior that are even more difficult to troubleshoot, for no benefits.

Again, by doing things in the proper order, we will fix your network for sure,