Borked permissions after shuffling SabNZBD and Transmission plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedeaux

Dabbler
I'm hoping I can get some help as I am just not seeing progress with a problem I created when I attempted to consolidate SabNZBD and Transmission into a single jail.

Background -- I had a beautiful working setup last week :smile: [yeah, why 'fix' it when it works...]

I am using Sonarr to follow TV shows and throw the downloads to SabNZBD and/or Transmission. It appears my ISP here is throttling the traffic. I had already setup the Transmission jail with OpenVPN and all was working great. Usenet downloads were great until last week, so I decided to put both plugins in the same jail behind my VPN connection.

I removed the plugins, setup SabNZBD and then uploaded the pbi into that jail. Both are accessible via their webgui and I can change their settings.

I'm also serving my TV in my house with Plex(plexpass).

I have a dataset -- videos that I added to the newly created SabNZBD/Transmission jail.

From the commandline in FreeNAS, I created download dirs for the two plugins. I did as I had when I built this machine and added the group inside the jail and then added the media user to that group.

Here is my problem -- I can download with SabNZBD, but it complains about permissions. Sonarr is able to send the download to SabNZBD, but when it finishes it can't post-process it - complaining that it can't see anything. Transmission will accept magnet links but won't start any transfers.

I know this is a permissions problem, please someone help me determine what I am missing.

dedeaux

Dabbler
Thanks for the help.

Just for info:

dataset 'mediapool/video' added as storage to sabnzbd jail - /mnt/media, has freenas owner/group root/family

sabnzbd relevant config:

Temporary Download Folder: /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/incomplete

Completed Download Folder: /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/complete

Permissions for completed downloads: 777

transmission relevant config:

Incomplete Download Directory: /mnt/media/downloads/transmission

Download Permissions: 777

output requested:
root@sabnzbd_1:/mnt/media/downloads # ls -al
total 14
drwxrwxr-x+ 4 media media 4 Mar 22 09:22 .
drwxrwxr-x+ 8 root family 10 Mar 19 17:46 ..
drwxrwxr-x+ 4 media media 4 Mar 21 13:00 sabnzbd
drwxrwxr-x+ 2 media media 2 Mar 22 09:22 transmission

dedeaux

Dabbler
Hrmmm... seems I had other issues going on -- I noticed the red blinking alert on the freebsd gui which informed me of a drive with a critical error. I'm gonna make sure all my backups are good and replace the drive and start all over. I also need to change my subnet which will be simple since I'm starting over with the build. I may get back to this stage in a couple days.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
another thing you might want to keep in mind is you have windows permissions enabled on that dataset. I don't really know how that changes things but it does make things more complicated then standard Unix permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.