Booting to Grub after bootpool disk swap

ddehan

Dabbler
Hi everyone,

I'm a bit in panic mode. One of my two boot ssd's failed, so i replaced it and booted.

In the Truenas console i replaced the disk within the bootpool and it started mirroring. Truenas rebooted but never came back up.

When i connected a screen i was presented with the Grub commandline prompt and i don't know what to do now.

How can i fix this? Do i have to do something on the Grub commandline to fix this? Is my data still safe?

I'm using Truenas scale.

Please help!

Kind regards,
Dennis de Haan

ddehan

Dabbler
When i booted TrueNas i get the message "Welcome to Grub" message and saw a quick error message but it was too fast to read. I made a video and could find the frame with the error:

error: no such device: 703df74f9b7ccdf0.

Hope that helps finding a solution.

ddehan

Dabbler
After reading a lot of posts from people that similar problems, i'm planning to reinstall TrueNas, but... I don't have a configuration file.

Is it in anyway possible to access the bootdisk and copy the configfile using Windows or a Linux distribution? The disks are fine, it looks like only the Grub config has corrupted.

I'm hoping someone can help me out, because i don't have a clue what else to do.