Bluefin upgrade doesn't boot

Joped

Cadet
I've been trying to get the TrueNAS upgrade to Bluefin to boot properly. If I do a fresh install, the first boot will work. However, once I restore my config and reboot it doesn't work. If I just run an upgrade from Anglefish the first boot fails.

Sometimes it hangs for a VERY long time going very slowly line by line over a few hours, but never actually boots. Othertimes it gets to this part and never goes further.

This system does not have console port but I tried the suggested work around of removing the serial tty from grub. That has had no affect.

At first I thought the issue could be with my TPM so I disabled it and tried again. While it goes rid of the FIPS self test error, it still hangs at the same part.

Some of the testing i've been doing has been with an SSD connected by USB so I don't have to keep reinstalling each time I give up and go back to it running my VMs normally.

Specs:
AMD 7950x
MSI MEG Ace
128GB DDR5 RAM (Non-ECC)
Mirrored boot volumes on 2 x WD 250GB SSD
LSI 16 port HBA
GTX 980 (video encoding later)
StarTech 10gb Intel 82599 NIC

ktGNpF5.jpg

aJ0focW.jpg

Weasy

Cadet
I kind of have the same problem. After upgrading my system via USB-Stick the initial boot works, i can even restore my settings and that "reboot" works, but every time i try to reboot afterward, the system boots slowly and hangs at the exact same step:
iKVM_capture.jpg

Specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4116 CPU @ 2.10GHz
Mainboard: Supermicro X11DAC
RAM: 64GB Micron DDR4 ECC
GPU: None

Joped

Cadet

I already tried that, it didn't have any affect. I had found this suggested in Jira and it appears to be related to systems with serial ports. My system does not have a serial port.

I ended up creating a Jira ticket for this problem, hopefully they have a solution.