Bios Wont recognize FreeNAS CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Lazhar

Cadet
Hello FreeNAS forum. I am having trouble booting FreeNAS on my Dell computer. If I try to boot from CD, it goes straight to Hard drive. I tried putting the boot order to the CD drive first and no change. THEN I tried removing the HDD from the default boot list and the BIOS complained of not having any medium to boot in. this is working fine on my macBook Pro. Any Help?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

nojohnny101

Wizard
Have you tried creating a bootable flash drive instead?

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Hello FreeNAS forum. I am having trouble booting freeNAS on my dell computer. if i try to boot from CD, it goes straight to Hard drive. i tried putting the boot order to the CD drive first and no change. THEN i tried removing the HDD from the default boot list and the BIOS complained of not having any medium to boot in. this is working fine on my macBook Pro. Any Help?

Thanks in advance! ;)
If you can boot your Dell machine with any other known bootable CD/DVD disk, then I'd guess you failed to burn a
proper disc for the FreeNAS installation.

If you can't boot your Dell machine with any other known bootable CD/DVD disk, then I'd guess you failed to set
the bios to boot FIRST from the optical drive. Seek help from Dell with this one.

Adam Lazhar

Cadet
If you can boot your Dell machine with any other known bootable CD/DVD disk, then I'd guess you failed to burn a
proper disc for the FreeNAS installation.

If you can't boot your Dell machine with any other known bootable CD/DVD disk, then I'd guess you failed to set
the bios to boot FIRST from the optical drive. Seek help from Dell with this one.
Thanks BigDave! apparently the computer didnt like the file type of the CD i burned. i dont have any USB sticks around my house. Will try again!

Status
Not open for further replies.