Bhyve setup help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris230291

Patron
Hi guys. I wanted to follow a guide on setting up byhve, but It seems something isn't set up quite right. When I try to enable it I get this...

Code:
[root@Server ~]# iohyve setup pool=Jails kmod=1 net=re1						 
Your CPU does not seem to fully support bhyve. Missing UG feature on Intel CPU,
please upgrade to 5600 series. 

Not really sure if my CPU does or does not support this feature, but a compatibility list I found on a BSD forum suggests it should work. (I have an i7 860s) http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced?s=t&ExtendedPageTables=true

In the BIOS I have virtualization turned on, but I cant see anything else that might be related.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Chris

Chris230291

Patron
I guess that it just wont work with my CPU then? Seems I don't have UG... Whatever that is.

Code:
[root@Server ~]# grep VT-x /var/run/dmesg.boot								
  VT-x: PAT,HLT,MTF,PAUSE,EPT,VPID											
[root@Server ~]#	

So Virtual box support has been dropped and the alternative wont work with my set up. Nice one

MGPProjectS

Cadet
I guess that it just wont work with my CPU then? Seems I don't have UG... Whatever that is.

Code:
[root@Server ~]# grep VT-x /var/run/dmesg.boot								
  VT-x: PAT,HLT,MTF,PAUSE,EPT,VPID											
[root@Server ~]#	

So Virtual box support has been dropped and the alternative wont work with my set up. Nice one

Hi Chris,

I'm in the exact same situation.
Would have been nice to have run a ubuntu server in Freenas VM.
As the Intel Core i7-860 have virtualization features, I haven't been able to figure out what this UG feature is and why the cpu is obsolete for Freenas VM?

Anyway, the transitioning from Corral to 11.x haven't quite been the leap forward I had hoped for - on the contrary!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Status
Not open for further replies.