Beginner friendly - Securing Owncloud Plugin (PBI) with SSL Certificates (and letsencrypt)

Thanks
Step 10 is making zero sense, as zerossl is not providing me with any ACME-CONTENT or filename to use. I checked their FAQ where it says to use the information provided by the wizard, but the wizard is providing no such information.

I have reached out the folks at zerossl, and if I hear anything, and have success, I will share.

Thanks
Hi,
i did succeed in all the tutorial, but i'm stuck at the last point : copying the server.crt and server.key, because i'm getting
my Owncloud Plugin to stop right after that copy, and it won't start again.
I made the backups of server.key and server.crt, and gave the same names and the same properties to these two new files.
What I see:
- the LENGHT of the files are not the same
- my new server.crt contains 2 certificates (first part for the domain, second part for the CA)

Last edited:
Thanks
Sirach Matthews :
1/ you give zerossl a domain or a csr
2/ you get a private key to save
3/ you get the verification files
Look at this page : zerossl provides the name of these files, and below, their content.
You have to copy the name of the first file and create one with this exact name within .well-known/acme-challenge. In this file, you must paste the longeR text given just below by zerossl, AS A CONTENT.

Example :
make a file named
bli1_vikseH9L2dDVpqh8-teJU8u2Y5gXcm_qi2nmWI
fill it with
bli1_vikseH9L2dDVpqh8-teJU8u2Y5gXcm_qi2nmWI.B7QQr10hnku7wMXClKAqb7wAcjQ3dpO5uLn5jZpmwnY
same operations for the second file

Last edited:
Thanks
For everybody : in case of error 403 given by ZeroSSL when clicking on the files' names to check their online availability; it's a question of FILE PERMISSIONS.
chmod these two files 755 and the whole path folders if needed, finally gave me the access

Last edited:
Thanks
Hi,

First of all, thanks for an awesome detailed guide!

I have one point I would like to ask for help with and it is in the last verify step with ZeroSSL to get the certificates I get this error:
The key authorization file from the server did not match this challenge [FZdgffbD2qCQPkuTmdls8qwyhsLgdyU8YHp8gmnzCHg.TuFdY7zx_2uUm3KyhDjes82Z7M4L0R0KB5wNcaMJJJk] != [***********]

- Port 80 is open and I get that ZeroSSL can access the file and I am out of ideas, hope you have some insight on what it can be.

Thanks!

Regards,
Timmel

Thanks
i have just installed the most recenet version of freenas and nextcloud pbi.
seems something is changed ? i don't seem to have the apache folders