Beginner friendly - Securing Owncloud Plugin (PBI) with SSL Certificates (and letsencrypt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirach Matthews

Dabbler
Step 10 is making zero sense, as zerossl is not providing me with any ACME-CONTENT or filename to use. I checked their FAQ where it says to use the information provided by the wizard, but the wizard is providing no such information.

I have reached out the folks at zerossl, and if I hear anything, and have success, I will share.

Ayato

Cadet
Hi,
i did succeed in all the tutorial, but i'm stuck at the last point : copying the server.crt and server.key, because i'm getting
my Owncloud Plugin to stop right after that copy, and it won't start again.
I made the backups of server.key and server.crt, and gave the same names and the same properties to these two new files.
What I see:
- the LENGHT of the files are not the same
- my new server.crt contains 2 certificates (first part for the domain, second part for the CA)

Last edited:

Ayato

Cadet
Sirach Matthews :
1/ you give zerossl a domain or a csr
2/ you get a private key to save
3/ you get the verification files
Look at this page : zerossl provides the name of these files, and below, their content.
You have to copy the name of the first file and create one with this exact name within .well-known/acme-challenge. In this file, you must paste the longeR text given just below by zerossl, AS A CONTENT.

Example :
make a file named
bli1_vikseH9L2dDVpqh8-teJU8u2Y5gXcm_qi2nmWI
fill it with
bli1_vikseH9L2dDVpqh8-teJU8u2Y5gXcm_qi2nmWI.B7QQr10hnku7wMXClKAqb7wAcjQ3dpO5uLn5jZpmwnY
same operations for the second file

Last edited:

Ayato

Cadet
For everybody : in case of error 403 given by ZeroSSL when clicking on the files' names to check their online availability; it's a question of FILE PERMISSIONS.
chmod these two files 755 and the whole path folders if needed, finally gave me the access

Last edited:

TimmelTV

Cadet
Hi,

First of all, thanks for an awesome detailed guide!

I have one point I would like to ask for help with and it is in the last verify step with ZeroSSL to get the certificates I get this error:
The key authorization file from the server did not match this challenge [FZdgffbD2qCQPkuTmdls8qwyhsLgdyU8YHp8gmnzCHg.TuFdY7zx_2uUm3KyhDjes82Z7M4L0R0KB5wNcaMJJJk] != [***********]

- Port 80 is open and I get that ZeroSSL can access the file and I am out of ideas, hope you have some insight on what it can be.

Thanks!

Regards,
Timmel

darkobas

Cadet
i have just installed the most recenet version of freenas and nextcloud pbi.
seems something is changed ? i dont seem to have the apache folders

Status
Not open for further replies.