Backblaze B2 Scheduling / rclone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalADHD

Dabbler
Hello everyone, I have a question about Backblaze b2, but maybe a newb question about rclone in general. I have set up my B2 cloud provider, and everything is setup correctly (to my knowledge) and is backing up.

My question is, the job doesn't seem to stop after it exceeds the time I allowed.

Does it run the task until it is done, or should it follow the schedule I dictated?

I think I get hung up on the scheduling.

• Minute slider or minute selections select Every N minutes and use the slider to choose a value, or select Each selected minute and choose specific minutes
  • Hour slider or hour selections select Every N hours and use the slider to choose a value, or select Each selected hour and choose specific hour
I have it set to run Each selected minute at 00, and Each selected hour 22, 23, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04

Should it stop at 4:59? Should it stop when done?

Is my scheduled borked? I just changed it from sync to copy, maybe that will help?

Thanks so much in advance!

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I don't have specific experience with this, because I am not using cloud storage, but I use rsync and I know from scheduling it that the schedule is only the start time and it runs until it is either done or is interrupted by something. It does not stop just because it has gone outside the 'backup window'. This is usually most noticeable (with rsync) on the initial sync which I have seen take days. Once the initial sync is done, the updates usually only take a few minutes, depending on the number of changes that need to be synced.

DigitalADHD

Dabbler
I assumed as much, Thank you Chris!

Status
Not open for further replies.