Autoimported RaidZ array, "Date Modified" now = 3 weeks ago?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshfeesh

Explorer
I finally got my Freenas box up and running three weeks ago, and merrily backed up about 4TB of data, mostly photos, going back several years, to a new (3) x 3TB RaidZ array on new discs. This took a few days. Because I couldn't just leave it alone at that, I futzed with it, and got myself into a situation where I (thought I) needed to reimage Freenas onto the compact flash boot card, so I did that. Three weeks go by, and I finally got the machine back up (I don't have a lot of time to throw at this). I autoimported the RaidZ array with no issue. Everything reports healthy. I easily recreated a CIFS share for the files and can properly access and modify them from my WinXP workstation.

Here's my problem: Now when I go to sync to the array, the "date modified" on the files in the array are showing up as the date that the files were created on the array, three weeks ago. Needless to say, this presents a problem for sync software. I'm not in danger of loosing any work, though, as no work has yet been performed on the files on the Freenas server, i.e. I know that they should a faithful mirror of what's on my workstation. Why are the "date modified" dates screwed up like this, and is there a way to fix it? I'm not yet relying on the files in this array for backup or work, so there's a dumb brute force option of just overwriting all the files. I'd rather save myself the time, though, and hopefully learn more about the inner workings of ZFS in the process. Also, I can afford to use brute force now, but if this same thing were to happen down the line, once I was reliant on the Freenas box, it would be a potential disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.