Auto-Import zpool fails, FreeNAS reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Justice

Cadet
Hi everyone, I recently had FreeNAS 9.1.1 working nicely but I decided to upgrade to the latest version 9.2.1.2. I did a clean install of FreeNAS. After writing the new 9.2.1.2 img file to the usb stick I boot up, it seems to be working.

Using the WebGUI I made a new admin password. I didn't safe the config before performing clean install so everything got reset. No problem, I thought, I can just auto-import my zfs volume (6 drives in a RAID10 array).

I auto-import and it gets stuck on Step 2 of 2. Upon further investigation, when I do the import, the FreeNAS reboots, and the import doesn't work. I try zpool status and zpool import and here's what shows up.

zpool status
no pools available

zpool import

pool:storage
id:17630015042817196646
state: ONLINE
status: the pool is formatted using a legacy on-disk version.
action: the pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier, though some features will not be available without an explicit 'zpool upgrade'.
config:

storage ONLINE
raidz2-0 ONLINE
ada0p2 ONLINE
ada1p2 ONLINE
ada2p2 ONLINE
ada3p2 ONLINE
ada4p2 ONLINE
ada5p2 ONLINE

Everytime I try zpool import storage the FreeNAS just reboots and the import doesn't go through. Any proposed fixes a noob can handle? Thanks.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
That sounds like a damaged pool...

Can you post your server specs?

Starpulkka

Contributor
Same happened my Superloud xeon server with ibm m1015 (IT mod) controller, got infinite loop on automatic import step 2. I did a reboot and tryed again luckily it imported that time instantly. Freenas version was 9.2.0 pool had made same version (v5000).

Im intrested to know what is your zfs pool version 5000 or 28?
Edit: so your legacy is v5000?

Fred Justice

Cadet
Yeah I fixed the problem I just made a new bootable USB with the x64 version of freenas and it worked. I feel dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.