Artwork in Sickbeard

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdspieg

Contributor
Does the artwork work for anybody in Sickbeard? i.e. for coming episodes, I see the shows, but not the posters or banners. Despite the fact that they worked fine before and the artwork is in the folders. Since upgrading the plugins from within the gui didn't work, I reinstalled them. They mostly work; but this artwork issue is one of the problems I run into. Is there anyway to 'rebuild' the artwork from the folders?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I dunno.. since its a sickbeard problem you should go to the sickbeard forums/irc/whatever support they offer. Doesn't appear to be a FreeNAS problem.

Mixel

Explorer
Have the same issue. Looks like a user right issue, havent quite figured out what exactly.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
FreeNAS 9.1/9.2? Where did you get the PBI you installed?

Mixel

Explorer
Freenas 9.2.0, got my PBI out of the standard repository (in other words: the one standard for 9.2.0).
Been playing around quite a bit, Freenas and CherryPy don't show any error messages.
Currently I think the reason for the empty jpg is that SabNzbd (and couch potato) didn't write the picture files with full permissions (777). I just changed this, lets see if it helps.
However, it isn't the only reason; why doesn't the tvdb scraper work?
It was an installation out-of-the box; no specials other than that a difficulty lies in 3 jails who need to be able to use each other's files (sick <-> sab <-> couch)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Freenas 9.2.0, got my PBI out of the standard repository (in other words: the one standard for 9.2.0).
Been playing around quite a bit, Freenas and CherryPy don't show any error messages.
Currently I think the reason for the empty jpg is that SabNzbd (and couch potato) didn't write the picture files with full permissions (777). I just changed this, lets see if it helps.
However, it isn't the only reason; why doesn't the tvdb scraper work?
It was an installation out-of-the box; no specials other than that a difficulty lies in 3 jails who need to be able to use each other's files (sick <-> sab <-> couch)

Sabnzbd doesn't create the 'picture files' for sickbeard so permissions shouldn't be an issue. SickBeard manages it's own thumbnails so you might want to check sickbeard's log.

I don't know why you mention Couchpotato at all. Are you having thumbnail issues for CP as well?

Finally, I recommend you install them all in the same jail, which I believes means you need to skip the repo and use the PBIs from the forum.

Mixel

Explorer
Hi Joshua,

Thanks for your answer! Couchpotato indeed has no problems at all. I was only mentioning couchpotate to show that one of my difficulties was to let the 3 systems communicate with one another.

I checked the sick beard log, no mentions on not being able to fill the poster/banner files. And thats correct, they are indeed being written into the cache folder. However, the webpage only shows an ?-like picture.

I will try your suggestions, all PBI's in one jail. Thanks for helping!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi Joshua,

Thanks for your answer! Couchpotato indeed has no problems at all. I was only mentioning couchpotate to show that one of my difficulties was to let the 3 systems communicate with one another.

I checked the sick beard log, no mentions on not being able to fill the poster/banner files. And thats correct, they are indeed being written into the cache folder. However, the webpage only shows an ?-like picture.

I will try your suggestions, all PBI's in one jail. Thanks for helping!

Some people had the issue previously because of a python library that converted the images into thumbnails. I'll look into it but I thought I had fixed this before. I'll look into it and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So PIL does seem to be an issue on a fresh install of SickBeard from the Repo on 9.2
I'll investigate.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ahh, so the version in the Repo is 1.1, PIL was fixed in 1.2.

You can grab it from the forum thread for my python plugins. I'll see if I can update the version in the Repo.

Mixel

Explorer
Hi Joshua, thanks a lot!
Your suggestion to install all PBI's to one jail I tried, but till now its not as easy as the standard plugin method. If I use the little box button in the jails screen, each new PBI overwrites the existing one. Of course, I think it will work when I install from Shell, but I would rather have the update button available when a PBI is updated in the FreeNAS repo.

Mixel

Explorer
Of course, greatest thing would be having a PBI which has all in one (san, couch, sick, headphones) or the option in the GUI to add more PBI's to a jail.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You can have multiple PBIs in a jail... :P

Mixel

Explorer
Yep, also from the GUI. Thanks, I found out. You should only use the jail tab for installing, not the plugin tab.

Mixel

Explorer
Hi,

I tried (and succeeded) in installing all PBI's in 1 jail; however I think I will go back to just one PBI in one jail. Why?
When I got an error in Couchpotato I found out that also for couch there was an update. I tried to update just couch via the jails screen (upload PBI)
but that gave a lot of troubles and errors.

@Joshua; do you know when the standard REPO will be updated with your Sickbeard PBI so that I can install via the GUI?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi,

I tried (and succeeded) in installing all PBI's in 1 jail; however I think I will go back to just one PBI in one jail. Why?
When I got an error in Couchpotato I found out that also for couch there was an update. I tried to update just couch via the jails screen (upload PBI)
but that gave a lot of troubles and errors.

@Joshua; do you know when the standard REPO will be updated with your Sickbeard PBI so that I can install via the GUI?

I'll put the request in tonight but I have no idea how long it will take them to update it.

For what is is worth, I struggled with this problem and finally solved it by logging in to the sickbeard jail and doing this:

Code:
pkg remove -f py27-distribute-0.6.35
pkg upgrade
pkg install py27-pip

pkg install libjpeg-turbo
pip uninstall pil Pillow
pip install pil Pillow

sdspieg

Contributor
Wow. Fantastic! That works. For those who try this - don't forget to restart sickbeard after entering the commands in the shell from the GUI: that's when the artwork appears.
Thanks much!
P.S.Did you learn that in 'nam? :) The dude abides!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
For what is is worth, I struggled with this problem and finally solved it by logging in to the sickbeard jail and doing this:

pkg remove -f py27-distribute-0.6.35
pkg upgrade
pkg install py27-pip

pkg install libjpeg-turbo
pip uninstall pil Pillow
pip install pil Pillow

Actually, that's the only command that you would need to do. SickBeard is running from a local copy of python, it just needs a shared library from libjpeg/libjpeg-turbo. Ideally though my plugin would link it properly so you don't need to touch the commandline. You could avoid it with v1.2+ of my plugin.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.