Are you having problems using your AMD CPU with 9.3?

AMD CPU/APU Questions: Please check all that apply:

• My CPU/APU apperas to work fine under 9.3

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • My CPU/APU appears to NOT work fine under 9.3

• I have an A Series APU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have an FX Series CPU

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I have an Opteron CPU

• I have an Athlon CPU

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I have a Sempron APU

• I have a Phenom CPU

• I have an E Series APU

• I'm not a real man and went with Intel

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Any Other AMD CPU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Why would 10 be a big issue? Is this something to do with changes to FreeBSD itself?
Based on what I know about the change it will not impact the AMD CPU because certain instructions "should" be in FreeBSD Stable by then (they are in the development now). I'm not worried about it at all.

xvk4

Dabbler
FreeNAS 9.3 beta is working fine on my new AMD system. It is an A4 processor (APU) on an MSI A88XM motherboard and 8 GB of RAM

indivision

Guru
I've been using an Asus C60M1-i with integrated AMD Dual-Core Processor C-60 for a while. 8GB of RAM. Also has a Realtek NIC.

It has performed well. The only big issue I've had is the updates-kicking-usb-out-of-boot-order thing.

That said, I'm replacing it this week with Supermicro Intel hardware to fix the giant non-ECC risk I was taking (as well as to beef up the quality of all other parts). The C60M1-i will replace the hardware in my second FreeNAS machine which serves as a back-up device.

joeschmuck

Old Man
If I could do it all over again, I'd grab a Supermicro board too, I want IPMI so badly.

indivision

Guru
Yeah. IPMI was a big selling point for me due to the BIOS issue I've been having. But, assuming that this board doesnt have that problem, I won't need to use IPMI much anyway! :D

joeschmuck

Old Man
I just wanted to post some testing results I have completed using my main FreeNAS machine (the Asus/AMD one).

I loaded the FreeNAS-9.3-BETA-201412060221 image and it seems to work fine. There were no USB Flash drive issues, is all booted fine, rebooted three times during the update and twice after I loaded my config file. I did not do a direct upgrade from 9.2.1.x to 9.3-Beta. My only issue that I have noticed so far is the MiniDLNA plugin that I manually installed no longer works. I'll have to look into this more but it's not a deal breaker for me.

EDIT: Boot times are normal using the USB Flash drive.

bizzle

Cadet
I've yet to have an issue with a Phenom II 960t unlocked to 6 cores on everything up to 9.2.1.9. Motherboard is GA-990XA-UD3 and I use the built in NIC. I have not tried any 9.3 builds.

joeschmuck

Old Man
9.3-Release is tentatively expected to come out Monday providing favorable results on the current beta version.

Magnus33

Patron
Seems likely they are chewing through the remaining bugs and there is just 11 left at this point.

Even got the plex server updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.