SOLVED apache, mysql, phpmyadmin, joomla on iocage FreeNAS 11.2 - how to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedrek

Explorer
Once there was a detailed and complete manual on how to install Joomla on Freenas 9/10. Unfortunately, but I can not find this article. I currently have Freenas 11.2 and I would like to reinstall Joomla with the new gui and iocade.
Could someone help me with this topic.
I found such an article: https://docs.joomla.org/FreeBSD_Installation but it is too general.

I am asking for help, because I urgently need to change the Joomla work environment.

D

dlavigne

The Guide you linked to looks like a good set of instructions. The only thing you need to do first is create a jail from the new UI.

Jedrek

Explorer
I created the right jail. And I stopped here. It seems to me and I even remember that the description of the installation of individual modules up to the full Joomla installation was more advanced than the one from the link.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It's available as a package if your not comfortable with a manual install. pkg install joomla3 You'll also need to install and configure a web server (nginx, apache) as well as a database (mysql, mariabd) but the dependencies should be covered by the package install.

Jedrek

Explorer
I know perfectly well that each package is installed separately, but I have a problem with it, I do not know how to install the php72 's fireworks that are required

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
All the required php dependencies will be installed when you run the command I posted above. If they don't then file a bug report with the port maintainer.

Jedrek

Explorer
Next problem with instalation of Joomla:
Could not connect to MySQL server - if I will configure installation
I tested:
name of database server: localhost
user: root
pass: ***** (valid to user)
database name: joomla (i think that is a anything string

Where is a problem and can I test or repair it ?

If i write command:
/usr/local/bin/mysql status
i have a error: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Did you follow the instructions on setting up the database in the link you posted above?

Jedrek

Explorer
I did the installation myself, namely, I installed PHP 7.2!
and the latest Joomla 9.3.1, not one of the older versions: 3.8.12 and PHP 7.1 as suggested by the installer
I did not use the package installer.
I installed the latest MySQL 8.0.

Joomla work !!!

ps. MySQL 8 is "little" problematic because have a another authorization method, and joomla can't connect to mysql. I change autrorization to legacy and Joomla was installed correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.