how do I install phpmyadmin and mysql in my freenas server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajames4

Cadet
I'm very new to freenas and I really don't know how to install phpmyadmin and mysql onto the freenas server and I actually need some help since I'm new and I created my first freenas on my old pc.

danb35

Hall of Famer
More specifically, it goes like this:
  • Create a jail following the manual's instructions
  • Within that jail, follow whatever guide you can find on the Internet for installing that software on FreeBSD
The second step has nothing to do with FreeNAS; the jail environment is essentially a basic installation of FreeBSD.

Why would you think a FreeNAS server would be a place that MySQL and phpMyAdmin should be installed?

ajames4

Cadet
I'm still confused about how do I install jail since I don't know about it and I need clear guidance of how to install phpmyadmin and mysql in a jail.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Other than creating the jail, which is thoroughly described in the manual, nothing about your question has anything to do with FreeNAS. A jail is a FreeBSD installation. Search the web for guides on installing this software under FreeBSD. It's highly unlikely that there are any guides for installing it under FreeNAS, and there's no reason for there to be such guides.

If you're having trouble with a specific step in the process, let us know. But "I need clear guidance" says that you haven't even tried to research the question.

ajames4

Cadet

Attachments

• jailpart1.jpg
    jailpart1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 356
  • jailpart2.jpg
    jailpart2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 344
  • jailpart3.jpg
    jailpart3.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 345
  • jailpart4.png
    jailpart4.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 422

m0nkey_

MVP
@ajames4 What you're asking is not a FreeNAS question. This is generic FreeBSD configuration. Most of the answers you're looking for can be found in the FreeBSD handbook I linked to earlier.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I'm not sure why he would be trying to use jls or jexec when he's using the shell of the actual jail.

ajames4

Cadet
I'm having trouble with Figure 13.2f: Configuration Options for Audiotag Port since I got an error that says
Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/audio/audiotag
*** Error code 1 since I follow the guide on http://doc.freenas.org/9.10/freenas_jails.html and I'm on Figure 13.2f: Configuration Options for Audiotag Port I don't understand what it means
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/audio/audiotag

Attachments

• audiotagport.jpg
    audiotagport.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 340

danb35

Hall of Famer
It appears you already have audiotag installed. Why are you trying to install it again? And what does this have to do with installing phpmyadmin or mysql?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Audiotag has nothing to do with FAMP. At all.

I prefer pkg install instead of ports....but it appears you are thoroughly confused on what exactly you're accomplishing here.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Audiotag is used as an example in the documentation of how to install a port. That's all it is. If you need that package, install it; if you don't (and you don't seem to), don't, but use the example to understand how to install something else. Though like @pirateghost, I lean toward using pkg over ports when possible.

Edit: If you've just been going through the jails documentation without thinking about what you're doing, that would explain why audiotag is already installed--that's the example used for installing packages too.

Last edited:

adrianwi

Guru
I quite like the digitalocean guides, but it really helps if you know what end result your trying to achieve. Creating a FAMP stack with phpMyAdmin shouldn't be too difficult using their guides, but what are you going to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.