Any way to get the ASRock C2750D4I to accept registered memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmh

Explorer
I'm not well versed in memory, so tried to get my mini to boot with PC3-12800R memory. Looks like it won't work, so I wanted to just check and see if folks who understand hardware and memory better than I might weigh in. At my day job we did a big memory upgrade a couple years back so we have a box literally full of 8GB PC3-12800R memory sticks, so I thought maybe just possibly I found a free upgrade, but no dice if the mobo doesn't support it. Looked at the ASRock memory QVL but it doesn't say much beyond part numbers. The stock memory is PC3-12800E.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
No, it isn't going to work. Sorry.
But I can use 16 of those if you don't want them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cmh

cmh

Explorer
Damn, you sure I can't just flip a jumper or anything? ;)

I'll have to ask about that - me grabbing a couple vs. me shipping them somewhere might be frowned upon. You wouldn't happen to have any E memory to trade, would you? :D

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Damn, you sure I can't just flip a jumper or anything?
It would be nice, but the datasheet says it only takes UDIMM memory (unbuffered DRAM) where the modules you have from work are RDIMM (registered DIMM) and usually, if a board won't take RDIMM memory it is because the CPU isn't able to support that kind of memory in silicon.
I'll have to ask about that - me grabbing a couple vs. me shipping them somewhere might be frowned upon
I can fully understand if the answer is no.
You wouldn't happen to have any E memory to trade, would you?
I have some memory that should work with that board, but they are 2GB and 4GB sticks. It might not be much of an upgrade for you.

Reactions: cmh
Status
Not open for further replies.