Any GUI UPS monitoring tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcloadetter

Explorer
Is there a good GUI tool I can run to monitor my UPS? It's a home device, CyberPower 1350. When it was connected to my Windows host, I had a nice control panel. Is there anything like that I can do?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Is there a good GUI tool I can run to monitor my UPS? It's a home device, CyberPower 1350. When it was connected to my Windows host, I had a nice control panel. Is there anything like that I can do?

If you configure things correctly in the FreeNAS GUI it will email you any time there is a UPS event.

pcloadetter

Explorer
I do have it configured correctly. I just wanted to quickly see charge levels, input output, etc

Tufkab

Cadet
I could be mistaken, but from the research that I've done for the setup I'm building, freeNAS is already using Network UPS Tools (nut) for the UPS service. It should just be a simple matter of setting the service to master in the FreeNAS GUI and then installing nut with a GUI on another computer as a slave and pointing it to the IP of the freeNAS box.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
you can use any tool that supports remote monitoring via NUT. So your windows tool might still work when it is plugged into freenas. Or you can plug it into your windows box and configure freenas to work remotely.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
No it's not needed imo, I just want it to work. I don't want to have to monitor it. And if it breaks I want it to tell me.

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
Maybe you'll be interested by a script I made to report UPS attributes, see the link "Useful Scripts" in my signature for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.