After upgrading to 11.2 and recreating Plex addon, can't talk to Plex

grwinski

Dabbler
I'm struggling to figure out what's going on here. Upgraded several weeks ago to 11.2 (the stable train), and then installed the Plex plugin (had Flex with the older user interface (installed back in the 9.3 days)); Plex showed that it was 'up' in the 'plugin/installed' window; I was able to get to the Plex web page (I believe via the 'management' button, and started to do some Plex configurations, but had some other commitments so logged out of FreeNAS (start again 'tomorrow' when I'm fresh). So, the next day, get back into FreeNAS, and wanted to get to the Plex web page to resume configurations, and I can't find the page! Tried both the 'management' button as well as just giving the IP address in my browser, and no web page appears (I did get to it the night before).

OK, so tried to stop and start Plex - no difference
Tried to delete and re-install Plex - no difference
OK, let me reboot FreeNAS -- no difference
OK, now that I've rebooted FreeNAS, lets re-install Plex again - no difference

I haven't touched Plex in the older GUI, but went over to look at it there (I believe this should be in a separate jail, correct?), and it's showing 'off'. Didn't touch anything on the 'old' side.

I swear I got to the Plex webpage initially after the Plex install, but now, even though FreeNAS says the plugin is there, and 'up', but can't get into Plex now.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm not a 'new-newbee', but I'm not a wizard either.

grwinski

Dabbler
just as soon as I posted, I realized I'm saying 'Flex' when I mean 'Plex' -- maybe I am a 'new-newbee'

nojohnny101

Wizard
Please post the output of "jls" run from the shell.

Also you should confirm that your old warden jails are stopped before starting the new plugin on in the 11.2 GUI. You can confirm this as you indicated by going into the old GUI and stopping the Plex jail.

grwinski

Dabbler
Thanks, nojohnny, for your response:

jls results in:

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# jls
   JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path
     1                  plexmediaserver_1             /mnt/Winski_volume/pluginjails/plexmediaserver_1
     3                  plex                          /mnt/Winski_volume/iocage/jails/plex/root
[root@freenas ~]#

I believe I did confirm that the old Plex jail was stopped.

Any ideas about this?

grwinski

Dabbler
I also went back into the legacy GUI to re-confirm that the plugin was stopped, and the switch showed 'off' -- however, your comment was to confirm that the jail was stopped - so I looked at the jails and discovered that the plex jail was still running, so I turned it off - went back to the new GUI but was still unable to get into the Plex web page

Apollo

Wizard
Both Plex server seem down because you are not listing any IP address.
Try:
iocage start plex

grwinski

Dabbler
so I run the iocage command, and get back:

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# iocage start plex
plex is already running!
[root@freenas ~]#

Apollo

Wizard
Then, under Web GUI, go to "Jails" section.
Were the Plex Jail is located, stop it and try to edit network settings.
If it is the plugin, go to "Plugins" and were the 3 dots are on the Plex line, click and select "Management". if an IP address is present, it should take you to the web interface.

grwinski

Dabbler
Then, under Web GUI, go to "Jails" section.
Were the Plex Jail is located, stop it and try to edit network settings.
If it is the plugin, go to "Plugins" and were the 3 dots are on the Plex line, click and select "Management". if an IP address is present, it should take you to the web interface.
Sorry, Apollo, but I go to the plugin, and hit the 'management' menu item -- it opens a new browser window, titled '192.168.1.124', but a blank window -- even if I wait awhile, nothing changes

grwinski

Dabbler
at the bottom of the window, when I try to click enter a couple of times, I'll get a pop-up window that says '192.168.1.124 is not responding', along with a button 'Recover Webpage' --- but when I click that, no response

Spiceman

Dabbler
This may sound simple and you have probably tried it, but here goes. Assuming 192.168.1.124 is your IP for Plex, have you tried entering the IP and port number in your web browser? http://192.168.1.124:32400/web

tyskiegronie

Cadet
I also didn't manage to get Plex to work after the update to 11.2.
I was able to access the web interface, but the server itself was not found by Plex.

Then I switched to Emby. Take a look at it.
I like it much better than Plex, because everything is hosted by you and no "cloud" is needed.

Emby is free. For the app on the Amazon FireTV you have to pay 5$ once.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/68032-update-to-4002-on-freenas/

grwinski

Dabbler
This may sound simple and you have probably tried it, but here goes. Assuming 192.168.1.124 is your IP for Plex, have you tried entering the IP and port number in your web browser? http://192.168.1.124:32400/web
Spiceman - I did try that, but tried it once again with your suggestion, and continue to get the same lack of response - a browser window opens, but remains blank. Very frustrating.

grwinski

Dabbler
Tyskie - thanks for the suggestion about Emby - if I can't figure this Plex problem out, I may take you up on your suggestion.