After reboot, FreeNAS 11.2 won't boot - BTX halted error

Status
Not open for further replies.

OdyMan

Cadet
I upgraded my FreeNAS the other day from 11.1-U6 to 11.2 release. The upgrade went flawless it seemed. Things just hummed along after the automatic reboot when the upgrade finished. No further changes done after the upgrade. This morning, I initiated a reboot via UI. This time however, it got stuck at boot. It gave me a BTX halted error (see attached screenshot). I have 5 drives in a ZFS pool. The other drives seen in the attached BTX screen shot are probably the empty media card slots (CF, SD, etc).

I searched the threads and looks like there were a couple of folks who had the same issue, but got it fixed:
1) Change motherboard setting from RAID to AHCI. This doesn't apply to me as my motherboard is already set at AHCI and I don't have built-in RAID on my motherboard.
2) Defective internal USB drive was attached. User disabled the USB drive via motherboard settings.

I don't believe #2 applies to me either as I don't have any USB drives attached to the machine besides the internal card readers...of which all card slots are empty. Perhaps worth a try to disable the media card reader???

Attachments

• 20181213_074858.jpg
    20181213_074858.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 501

OdyMan

Cadet
Got my issue resolved. Indeed...after disabling the USB port that is attached to my internal card reader, my FreeNAS 11.2 booted up fine. The thing that puzzles me though is that why did it boot up successfully the first time after I upgraded to 11.2, but not after initiating a manual reboot via the web UI? Oh well...it's fixed now. I guess I just can't enable my internal card reader.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.