AdGuard/Google Wift

r3bbit

Dabbler
Hello Everyone,

I have been overly frustrated with my head against a wall for days in order to figure this out. I have searched the net as well as check the install config within Adguard itself and can't seem to figure out a solution.

I have the adguard plugin installed within TrueNAS with nothing else along side it. My question is this, as anyone able to get this to work with google wifi routers? I know my setup is serous overkill but it's been sitting for a min, so I decided to put it to good use.

Router:
Google Wifi

Plugins:
Adguard Home
Home assistant
ZoneMinder

MSI b550 motherboard
32gb of CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4
120gb Patriot burst ssd for OS
1tb Samsung 980 pro
4tib additional space.
Corsair icue h100i pro
Ryzen 5 5600g

ThreeDee

Guru
IF you can't get Adguard straightened out ..
Maybe sign up for a free OpenDNS account and you can do adblocking (as well as other categories) that way .. not as robust as Adguard, but I've been using it for years now and I can't remember the last time I've had any kind of infections on my home network.

You can do custom white/black lists as well. You won't have anything running on your server .. just change your DNS settings to OpenDNS
Just a thought ....

1644303932820.png

r3bbit

Dabbler
I was able to finally get it to work. The wifi portion of the reolink camers are tricky as they use the RSTP and not the other.