SOLVED Adding Storage to a Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ism4il

Cadet
I installed owncloud and i added a storage to jail .
When i upload a photo via owncloud this file moving to my new storage which i added. or its just copying 2 sides ?

I checked it and i saw this file staying 2 side. Why?

Orginal jail storage
ftp://root@192.168.1.64/mnt/Storage/jails/owncloud_1/media/root/files/Photos

And i add new storage.
ftp://root@192.168.1.64/mnt/Storage/Photos/Photos

And my uploaded file is staying in 2 sides.

I dont want to make duplicate my files. why its moving in new storage?

Can you help me. Sorry for my english.

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
It's probably the same file you can see both sides but as there's not enough info to fully understand what you've done I'm not sure.

Can you post the screenshots of the config windows for the jail storage and for the FTP share please?

ism4il

Cadet
Normally same file will be both sides? I was thinking if i add a storage. New files only will be there .. and it will moving new places from jail folder.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    78 KB · Views: 285
  • 2.png
    2.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 3.png
    3.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 301

Bidule0hm

Yep, same file.

What you've done is:

- created a dataset Photos in your pool Storage
- mounted it as FTP share
- mounted it as a jail storage

If you want a separate "new" storage then just create another dataset and add it as a storage to the jail ;)

ism4il

Cadet
Hi,
i did it already like as upside. But my problem is files duplicated. when i uploaded a file via owncloud its going to jail folder and new storage folder .
So files duplicated. When i delete it from owncloud files deleted in both folder
Its normal ?

Thank you for your answer.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
When i delete it from owncloud files deleted in both folder
This is how you know the file isn't actually duplicated, it just has two names. One analogy that might work is to think of it like having your main home phone number (the original dataset), then getting a mobile phone and setting it to forward calls to your home phone (storage mounted in jail).

The reason for mounting storage in a jail is to limit what the software in the jail can see of the entire system. However, the entire system can always see everything.

Bidule0hm

Yeah it's not duplicated. One file but two ways to access it.

Another analogy is to imagine you have a cabinet with two doors, one on the front (the FTP) and one on the back (the jail). Then you put your file in this cabinet. You can access it by both doors but it's the same file, not duplicated.

ism4il

Cadet
Yeah it's not duplicated. One file but two ways to access it.

Another analogy is to imagine you have a cabinet with two doors, one on the front (the FTP) and one on the back (the jail). Then you put your file in this cabinet. You can access it by both doors but it's the same file, not duplicated.

OK . i wanna know that.
Thank you very much.

Bidule0hm

You're welcome ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.