SOLVED Add Jail User to AD group/GID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elegant

Explorer
Hi, I currently have my AD DC setup on another system (not a jail) via Samba and have FreeNAS connecting to it. What I want to do now is create a jail and have my storage be accessible to the user on the jail. Of course, this jail user is NOT part of my AD group I assigned as the group owner.

I figure I could create a group on the jail with the same GID as that of group owner of the storage. The issue is I'm not sure how to determine the group's GID on FreeNAS (I set it to 10000 with RSAT tools) or for that matter which backend I should be really be selecting on FreeNAS. It is currently set to "autorid" (default) but I provisioned Samba with "rfc2307" on the DC.

What is the easiest way to allow the jail user to access the storage owned by the AD group?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Creating a group or user with the same gid/uid is the easiest solution. Just ls -l the files to see the ids you need to use.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Creating a group or user with the same gid/uid is the easiest solution. Just ls -l the files to see the ids you need to use.
I concur. Using a local account on the freenas server is the simplest way to achieve this.

If you must use a domain account, find a file that the group in question has access to, and compare getfacl or ls output between jail and host.

Status
Not open for further replies.