AD rebooting on Trunas scale authentication

ignohr

Cadet
I am working on integrating my AD authentication for SMB shares for truenas scale. I am able to configure AD in the credentials section and I get no errors and it claims it is healthy. I then set the Share permissions to a group in AD and test from my windows machine to reach \\scale-address and i get prompted with a login window. no matter what I put in for those creds my domain controller reboots.

If im logged into the DC i get this pop up
1645940172433.png

and it reboots a minute or two later. I also dont get access to the shares. I have tested this a few times and every time the DC reboots when I try to authenticate I have no idea why. Nothing in Event viewer relates (that I have seen) I have not tried to authenticate for a few days and the DC is stable without this configuration. I see the nas in AD as a computer object so im pretty sure the bind is successful and Truenas scale says everything is healthy with no errors. I have tried removing it from AD and re-adding it but the behavior remains. Beyond just trying to get authentication to work im confused on how an authentication request would reboot the DC in any case. Is there a log for these kinds of requests on Scales side? Im not even sure where to begin trying to solve this. Any help/thoughts are greatly appreciated