AD Permissions and Mapped drives to Windows Shares

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAST

Cadet
Hello,

Im not sure if this is by Windows design or Freenas just wont do what i want it to......

But here is my situation

I have 6 Datasets - Each with 1 CIFS share. - I will call them Shares 1 to 6

5 of the shares i allow my AD Domain Users group access too and map drives too - this works fine

However

I have 1 share that i want only the Domain Administrator account and also a local freenas account i have created access too. I have created a DRAdmin local account on the freenas box. I have done this as i have 2 different domains that are not in a trust relationship to be able to access the share.

With the other 1-5 "open" shares mapped drives in Windows setup - i try to map a drive on my admin machine to also Map Share 6 - the one i want locked down as above.
It refuses the local freenas DRAdmin credentials point blank.

The only way i can get it to log on to Share 6 is to disconnect the 1-5 "open shares", reboot my machine and connect to Share 6 on its own - this works - but then i cant map Shares 1-5 as it refuses my domain credentials.

To re-map them 1-5 again i have to un-map Share 6 and add the 1-5 back in, but cant map Share 6 again.

I cant have all 6 shares mapped using different credentials for Shares 1-5 and Share 6.
Even putting the explicit credentials and path into Credential Manager on Windows still doesnt work.

Is this a Windows or Freenas limitation?

Any suggestions?

TIA

D

dlavigne

It may be the version of Samba issue. If you get a chance to test on a recent testing image of 9.2.1, let us know if Samba4 fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.