Domain trusts: Win7 can map drive, but not XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chucktryon

Dabbler
This is another twist with my previous question of domains and trusts...

Our FreeNAS (8.2.0) server is joined to an AD domain. That domain then has a "trust" relationship with a Samba 3.0 based domain where all of our users are currently defined. The FreeNAS is set up to accept trusted domains.

We've come up with a way to pre-populate our wbinfo SID to Unix mapping so that we can set permissions on file shares to members of the trusted domain.

I've tried this on a Win7 computer which is joined to the AD domain. I have no problem logging into the machine with my user credentials in the trusted domain. I can also map to one of the shared drives on the FreeNAS box using my same credentials (from the trusted domain). Life is good....

HOWEVER, I try exactly the same thing (log in to the box with my user credentials from the trusted domain, and then map to the FreeNAS shared drive) from an XP box, and it doesn't work!! It just keeps popping up a username and password login dialog box when I try to map the shared folder. The XP box is joined to the AD domain, and I can log in with my trusted domain credentials.

(Incidentally, it doesn't matter which of the domains the XP box is joined to. The FreeNAS box won't accept the credentials.)

On the other hand, if on the XP box, I tell it to map the drive with a user defined on the AD root domain, then it works fine.

Ideas????

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I don't have a clue on how to help you. But you may have better luck asking in a forum that is dedicated to XP and AD domains ;) The fact that Windows 7 works tells me your setup is functional so something in XP must be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.