Access with DDNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreuel

Dabbler
Guys,

I'm with FreeNAS 8.3.1 working perfectly with SABnzbd + SickBeard CouchPotato + + Headphone, have also DDNS, and therein lies the doubt want to access the the machine within the network that use the same address to access outside the network.
So when entering the DDNS teste.no-ip.org a machine that is on the same network as the FreeNAS redirect it to the ip of FreeNAS does anyone know how to do this?
Here's an example of the network

PC (external network) <-> Internet <-> ADSLRouter -> (internal network) Switch -> FreeNAS thereby access the DDNS by exempo teste.no-ip.org

Internet -> ADSLRouter -> Switch -> PC and in that order FreeNAS access by local ip (192.168.254.x) but also wanted to access the DDNS teste.no-ip.org

I hope I was clear, and sorry for my english ... I am Brazilian and I did the best I could with the help of the translator.

Thanks for the help

toddos

Contributor
Assuming that you have your router configured correctly to forward the ports, you're probably running a problem with NAT loopback. If your router doesn't support that, you won't be able to access your services via the ddns name while inside your network without redefining that name in each client's hosts file.

wreuel

Dabbler
Is my router does not support the DNS Loopback. But I still Teho another question: "Should I change the name of FreeNAS is that what you meant? (If so what should I do for work?) Or should I leave the setting on each machine name?"
Because if the second option is not possible because I have several pc including cell phones in my house.

toddos

Contributor
If your router doesn't support NAT loopback and you're not willing to switch to a router that does, you can try other options. For your cell phones, you'll just have to get used to using the internal name when you're on your local network and the external name when you're away from home or on the cellular network.

wreuel

Dabbler
If your router doesn't support NAT loopback and you're not willing to switch to a router that does, you can try other options. For your cell phones, you'll just have to get used to using the internal name when you're on your local network and the external name when you're away from home or on the cellular network.

Thanks, now I setup my network using the DIR-600 router as I have with dd-wrt and everything works the way I wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.