9.2.3.1 No Option to Unlock Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently moved my FreeNAS server, and upon restart there is no option to unlock the volume. Specifically, FreeNAS found the volume, and imported it, but the buttons at the bottom of the volume list are gone. I've attached a screenshot to demonstrate what I mean. How can I unlock this volume. I have the recovery key, and I've used it in the past. But every time, there was a button to unlock the volume.
Screenshot 2014-04-13 03.01.50.png

warri

Guru
You need to go to the "Storage" - "Volumes" - "View Volumes" section and highlight the encrypted volume to make the buttons appear. On your screenshot you seem to be at the home screen.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
So you have an encrypted pool that is locked. You need either the key+passphrase or the recovery key. If you have neither you will never be able to decrypt your pool.

What you do is select the pool, then at the bottom of the window you'll see a button to unlock the pool. If the button doesn't appear you may need to try a different browser. A lot of browsers don't work right with FreeNAS. I use Firefox, but typically Chrome also works.

I have the recovery key, and the passphrase, so I can use either. And this screenshot is from Chrome, I have also tried in Firefox. When I select the volume in either browser no buttons appears at the bottom of that pane. I have also tried Auto Importing the volume. But when I get to the end, it gives me the error that a volume of that name already exists.

warri

Guru

warri

Guru
Weird. Could be a corrupt installation or USB stick then?
If you get the chance to try from another device, I'd do so and otherwise try a fresh installation on a new USB stick.

Work around found by using a different version of Chrome. The problem occurred under Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m.

panz

Guru
A little trick is to enable the footer log messages under FreeNAS Settings: if your browser has problems you are not going to read any messages in the footer.

Status
Not open for further replies.